Dr. A. O. Talabi
Ag. HOD, Geology
Dr. Talabi graduated from the Department of Geology, University of Ibadan, Nigeria with Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) degree (Second Class Upper Division) in Geology in 1980. He also obtained the Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Applied Geophysics (1983) and the Ph.D. degree in Hydrogeology from the same University in 2013. Other additional qualifications of the Ag. HOD include PGDE and MBA obtained from the University of Benin, Nigeria in 1989 and 1997 respectively. The Ag. HOD is currently a Senior Lecturer with 66 publications in reputable National and International Journals.
- Best Researcher Award of the year 2019 by RULA & IJRULA. Accredited by the World Research Council and Idamas Learning Center, Malaysia.
- “Quarterly Franklin Membership”(Membership ID#ZT74825) by London Journals Press (UK): 13/9/18.
- Fellow, Strategic Institute for Natural Resources and Human Development. Strategic Institute for Natural Resources and Human Development, Abuja: Award of Nation Building as a member of Academia 2017 (FRHD); 12th August, 2017
- 2015/2016 TETFUND Research Grant on research work titled Geology and geotechnical properties of Orin Bauxite, Southwestern, Nigeria.
- University of Ibadan; Award for Publication of Article from Ph.D. Thesis: 2011/2012. Title: Integrated remote sensing and GIS approach to groundwater potential assessment in the basement terrain of Ekiti area southwestern Nigeria. Journal: RMZ–Materials and Geo-environment, Vol. 58, No. 3, pp. 303–328.
- Federal Government Scholarship for M.Sc. degree programme 1983
Membership of Learned Societies
– Registered member, Council of Nigerian Mining Engineers and Geoscientists
– Corporate member, Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society
– Corporate member, Nigerian Association of Hydrogeologists
– Member, International Association of Hydrogeologists
– Member, Geological Society of Africa
– Member, Geological Society of America
– Fellow, Institute for Natural Resources and Human Development